We had the pleasure of appearing on FM107.1’s Lori & Julia this afternoon to talk about this site, and our upcoming Social Media 101: A Beginner Bootcamp seminar.
If you missed the show, you can download it now!
Listen to the whole show on FM107.1’s web site
Or, listen to our segment only by using the link below to download the mp3.
On a Mac, hold down the control key and click and select “Save Link As…” and save the mp3 somewhere on your computer.
On a PC, right click and select Save Target As… (in IE) or Save Link As… (in Firefox) and save the mp3 somewhere on your computer.
When you open the file, it should launch your preferred audio player.
or clicking the cute little button below to stream it in your browser window.
We’ll be posting more follow-up (links and more information on topics we discussed with them today) but I wanted to get those audio clips up for those who missed it live.
Lori & Julia were delightful; really nice, funny ladies. We’d love to be on the show again (hint, hint). Who knows, maybe someday we’ll even have our own show? A Geek Girl can dream…
We talked about a few things:
- Twitter: see our overview on Twitter here.
- Related to Twitter, we talked about hashtags. Those look like this: #hashtags and are a way to classify or categorize your tweets. For example, here’s a search on #geekgirlsguide or #flood (tweets covering the current situation in Fargo-Moorhead).
- Nancy referenced a NYT article on stars using Twitter
- WCCO’s aggregated Fargo flood coverage, including the tweet stream
- We mentioned our day jobs at Clockwork Active Media Systems
- We gave away a free pass to Social Media 101: A Beginner Bootcamp. Join us there!
Did I miss anything? Let me know and we’ll post a follow-up.